- Do you only do landlord safety inspections?
- Do you charge for quotations?
- What trade bodies do you belong to?
- How much will the work cost?
- Do you work on commercial appliances?
- Can you do tests on LPG for catering caravans, touring caravans and trailers?
- How quickly can you start work for me?
- Will you remind me when my next landlord safety check is due?
- Is there a warranty?
- Are you CORGI registered? How can I check?
- What geographical area do you cover?
- What's the main safety legislation that you'll help me meet?
- What work can you do?
- Can you help me arrange finance for my installation?
- How many visits do you have to make to do a landlord safety check?
- Do I have to take out expensive annual maintenance contracts for my new boiler?
- Can I arrange a safety check for oil appliances?
- How do I contact Safety Testing Limited?
1.Do you only do landlord safety inspections?
No. Although it is a specialist in landlord safety checks, Safety Testing Limited has nearly 15 years' experience of installation, maintenance and repair of gas, oil and electrical appliances. There's not much that our team hasn't come across: whether you're a landlord, a tenant or an owner-occupier, please call us for advice or to book a visit.
2.Do you charge for quotations?
3.What trade bodies do you belong to?
All the ones that matter:
- CORGI (No.130711)
- The Oil Firing Technical Association (OFTEC)
- ACS (Accredited Certification Scheme); formerly ACOPS
4.How much will the work cost?
Because every job is different, we prefer to discuss your landlord safety check, installation, maintenance or repair requirements so we understand your exact needs. Please contact us to discover how competitive our pricing is, the quality of our service and the good value that keeps bringing customers back to us (most of our new business is by recommendation). Like hundreds before you, you won't be disappointed.
5. Do you work on commercial appliances?
Although we don't work on commercial appliances (typically those operating at more than 70 kW), we do work on domestic size appliances in commercial or business environments. Please contact us to discuss your exact requirements.
6.Can you do tests on liquid petroleum gas (LPG) appliances for touring caravans and trailers?
Yes. Tell us what you need done.
7.How quickly can you start work for me?
Typical availability is as follows:
|Repairs:||within 24 hours|
|Inspections:||within 24 hours|
|Installations:||within one week|
8.Will you remind me when my next landlord safety check is due?
Yes. We automatically send annual reminders for landlord safety checks and other annual inspections.
9.Do your installations come with a warranty?
As accredited Worcester Bosch installers, you enjoy the manufacturer's full three-year parts and labour warranty on all installations for complete peace of mind. Because you get a free three-year warranty, you don't need to take out any separate third party maintenance agreements. This could save you nearly £1000 over the first three years of ownership.
10.Are you CORGI registered? How can I check?
Yes. We encourage prospective customers to visit the CORGI website at www.trustcorgi.com or telephone CORGI on 0870 401 2300 to verify our membership (No.130711).
11.What geographical area do you cover?
A large part of southern England and into South Wales. Imagine an area encompassing Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, western Berkshire, the M4 corridor, northern Wiltshire and Somerset, and across the Severn Bridge. If in doubt about whether we can reach you, please contact us to talk about your requirements.
12.What's the main safety legislation that you'll help me meet?
- The Health & Safety Act (1974)
- The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
- The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations (as Amended) 1993
- The General Products (Safety) Regulations 1994
13.What work can you do?
- Landlord safety checks for gas, oil, electrical appliances, smoke alarms and furniture
- Installation of gas boilers, water heaters, warm air units, cookers, hobs and fires
- Installation of oil boilers and cookers
- Installation of solar heating (Worcester Bosch Greenskies)
- Installation of ground source heat pump systems (Worcester Bosch Greenstore)
- Fault-finding, maintenance and repairs on all of the above
14.Can you help me arrange finance for my installation?
Yes. Finance is available subject to terms and conditions. Please ask about this when you contact us to discuss your installation.
15.How many visits do you have to make to do a landlord safety check?
Normally, just one. We can make the necessary gas, electrical, furnishings and smoke alarm checks during one visit. This minimises disruption for you as the landlord and to your tenants. Because we have a wide range of skills and experience, you can avoid the need for time consuming multiple visits by several different contractors.
When would you like your next inspection? Please contact us to arrange a convenient date for your one-stop landlord safety check.
16.Do I have to buy expensive annual maintenance contracts for my new boiler?
No. All new installations come with a free three-year parts and labour warranty that could save you hundreds of pounds in maintenance contract charges.
17.Can I arrange an annual landlord safety check for oil appliances?
Yes. As a proactive specialist company, Safety Testing Limited is introducing annual landlord oil safety checks for property owners even though this isn't currently a legal requirement (as it is with gas safety checks). That means greater peace of mind for you, the landlord, and your tenants.
18.How do I contact Safety Testing Limited?
By phone, fax, email or visit us at our offices located close to the M5 Junction 14. The easiest way is to use the Contact form on this website. Contact us now. We're looking forward to helping you with your safety inspection, installation, maintenance and repair requirements.