Are your electrical appliances safe?
There's more to equipping a rental property than just leaving your old toaster, microwave and kettle there for your tenants. Electrical appliances have to meet specified requirements. As the landlord, it's your responsibility.
The law and you, the landlord
The General Products (Safety) Regulations 1994 require that all goods must satisfy general safety provisions. The law requires that all electrical appliances are safe and strongly recommends that they be tested regularly. With the number of electrical appliances in most modern homes, that's a lot of checking for someone.
Fortunately, help is at hand. For nearly 15 years, Safety Testing Limited has been checking electrical appliances for customers just like you across the south of England. We do the checking: you, the landlord, and your tenant enjoy peace of mind knowing that everything is being taken care of.
Safety Testing Limited has it off PAT
- We'll make an annual visual inspection of all appliances.
- We'll do the portable appliance testing (PAT) for all portable electrical appliances.
- If required, we'll change plugs to comply with the latest regulations.
- We'll also check all fuses for correct rating and change them where necessary.
- Reasonable prices and excellent service take the pain out of annual inspections.
- We'll even send out a reminder when your next inspection is due.
- Electrical appliance safety checks can easily be combined with other landlord safety checks - one visit gives you maximum peace of mind.
How many electrical appliances are there in your rental property portfolio? Do they all comply with the law? Relax! Let Safety Testing Limited make sure your tenants are safe and that you're meeting the law's requirements. Contact us now for advice or to book your landlord safety inspection.